Tuesday, September 20, 2011


This is Elder Damewood's first email.  He talked about his ankle in the email.  The day before he left he rolled it in the back yard just walking around.

Oh mani just realized i don'thave my camera or card on me. Thepictures will be in next weeks email.
 
Anyway wheni got here i met my companion elder rowe. he's so cool. he's from arizona and he's really great
the Spirit is so strong here. I've never felt this great 24/7.
 
Thank you so much for all the support over the years. I don't think i could have made it this far wothout you. It means the world to me.
 
Brooke, the other Elders in my room tasted your lemon bars. They loved them! thank you so much for making them. I love you, Avatar State Yip Yip!
 
The weather here is amazing! It is cool in the mornings and warm in the day.
 
The mountains are bigger than i imagined. They thake up half the sky!
 
The classes here are so intense. Not only do my great teachers teach me the Spirit teaches me even more. I feel more ready to teach every day. All this focus is tiring though. I hit the pillow and just fall asleep only to wake up at 6:30 feeling like i only blinked. I'm so busy here that I'm too busy to even miss home.
 
I sang in the choir sunday and I'm going later today. We're singing Consider the Lilies. The director told us about the song. he said when Jesus left to get the one lost sheep he counted the 99 to make sure they were there first. He still takes care of the ones who are doing good. That was really comforting.
 
My ankle is doing better. It still hurts and gets swollen some times.
 
So P-Day is tuesday here at the MTC. I'll  be sending these letters to you every week. I'll try and remember to bring my picture equipment next time. I have some great ones.
 
 
Dad, This is what we would call camping weather! It's so nice out I wish i didn't have to have my classes inside. Have a good one man! I love you so much.
 
Mom, Thanks for all you've done to get me this far. When I was unpacking I was so thankful for all the preparations you made. I have everything I need. It means a lot. Thanks I love you.
 

Thank you so much for your prayers.
Elder Damewood
 


No comments:

Post a Comment