Monday, October 10, 2011

Hey everyone!
So my first area is In Rose Park! It's kind of in North Salt Lake. It's so much fun here. I love being a missionary. So. My mission address is: 
Elder Brandon Damewood
Utah Salt Lake City Mission
3487 S. 1300 E. West Entrance
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
I get the mail every Friday. The Zone Leaders bring it to us.
P-Day is Monday. That's when I get and send emails. 
Ok now for the cool stuff.
I left the MTC Oct 5. We got to the mission office and I met the Presidency and my companion. His name is Elder Davis. He's been out a year he's from Portland and he's so cool. He likes pretty much the same music as me even though we can't listen to it lol. 
Alright so then we played EXTREME STREET CONTACTING! We went downtown and talked to as many people as we could it was a ton of fun. Then we dropped my bags of and went to appointments. We had dinner and a lesson and I really don't remember much of it cuz i was very lost. After 2 days of not knowing what was going on I finally got used to the area. Now I know my investigators. I kind of know how to get around. We had a baptism already and we have 2 this weekend. We don't have one scheduled for this weekend yet but we're working on it. Then the one after that it should be easy to put someone "on date." 
So we've done some tracting. Once a lady opened the door like 5 inches then said something i didn't understand and walked off leaving the door open. We knocked again after 2 minutes than waited for 2 more. Finally we turned around and heard the door close behind us it was so funny. 
I've already had one person pay for my lunch so far so that's cool. I don't know what else to say? What do ya'll wanna know?
Love,
Elder Damewood
p.s. oh yeah we get to go to the temple every month here! Whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment