Monday, January 23, 2012


Hey guys!
 This week was so awesome! We did a lot of baptizing. Let me tell you Ron and Dee's entire story:

So we were tracting last month and this guy opens his door and says his kid is sick. He tells us to come back in 3 days. When we come back his kid is still sick. Usually that's just an excuse. We felt we should still try. We came back and he let us in. The whole first visit was his story and him talking for an hour. We didn't get to say anything. He had recently moved to Alaska and the place he worked at in Utah was all closed up one morning. He used all his money to stay out of the shelter. He had to end up going there anyway. The Church helped him get an apartment and furniture and food. He decided he'd listen to the missionaries since the Church had done so much for him. The next time we came back he still talked the whole time. He said he'd listen to us but he wasn't gonna stop chewing or drinking coffee. We kept visiting him often and eventually we got to do some teaching. He felt the Spirit really strongly. When we got to the Word of Wisdom lesson he committed to live it! No resistance or anything! He said God helped him stop with coffee cuz it tasted bad the next time he tried to drink some. We taught his wife Dee at the same time. They were both baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday. Ron gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. It was one of the best talks I've ever heard. They are such a strong family. They lost their 16 year old son Jake to cancer a few years back. He should be getting baptized in the Temple soon. I'm so glad I was able to witness that Hand of God in this man's life. 

So I found something awesome in the apartment this morning. It's a 600$ suit. Just in time too! My suit jacket from Wal-Mart already got worn out. I threw the old one away this morning. I'll keep this new one as nice as possible. I plan on returning and reporting in it :). 

So Elder Wise left this morning. I'm gonna miss him he was super funny.
I have some time left I figured I'd use it to tell you random things.  I like to decorate my planners like Elder Rumsey showed me. My next planner design is a Pokèdex. I'm pretty excited for it. I may use the covers on all my future planners it looks so cool lol.

So i I got all this cool church music. I'm attaching my favorite song right now. Yeah, a song this cool is approved. Forward this email to Cassie so she can hear this sweeeeeeeet song too.

I'm working out a lot more. I learned something. If I want to bulk up I can do it easy and fast. It just takes doing it. (That's the hard part).

so i'm trying to learn how to type the right way,  you know with all my fingers.

I use backspace a lot. 
this next sentence I won't use backspace at all.

I love utah alks lake city mission.

Huh not so bad. I don;t know what happened to the word Salt though. 

I'm thinking about buying an electric razor so I can save time. 

We have a kid we're teaching who's 9. His name is Angel. He has so many video games. It makes me want to play lol. 

Well I'm pretty much out of time. We have 2 baptisms lined up for this weekend. Hopefully all goes well.

I love you all so much!

Elder Damewood

No comments:

Post a Comment