Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My week was pretty good. Monday we had a FHE with the Harris family they have 12 kids and one is on a mission right now. He's in Russia. They read his letter. I realized my letters need some improvement. So get ready for a great letter :)
So about my week: We found 2 people tracting this week. We haven't had a chance to talk to them too much but it was cool to find them. Hopefully something will come of them. We saw Mike smoke once but he didn't see us. Then we went to his house a little later he said he smoked and it was so gross he'll never do it again! He's also getting me a Wyoming belt buckle! He's the nicest guy ever! We're going to his house later to help him move some furniture. I got kind of sick this past week and it wasn't fun. We worked in the evening even though I felt bad. The evening is too important to rest through. It's all this cold air and wind that got me sick. I can't wait until summer. Did I tell you about Dee? We teach her at the Smith's house(such a fancy house!). She's 65 and she's awesome. She was pretty skeptical at first. She reads all her assignments and she says she's getting more and more interesting. I said the opening prayer for our last lesson. I prayed that we would feel and recognize the Spirit. Then we went forward with faith. My companion asked her 3 questions. "Since you've been meeting with us has your soul been enlarged? Had your mind been enlightened? Do you like these things we talk about?" Then we read Alma 32:28 Now, we will compare the word unto a aseed. Now, if ye give place, that a bseed may be planted in your cheart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your dunbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to eenlighten my funderstanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
She said, "I felt it" Then we set a date for her baptism. March 24th! I'm so excited and grateful!
I've been trying to read the whole Old Testament.... I'm in 2 Samuel. It's weird stuff.

I love you,
Elder Damewood

No comments:

Post a Comment